Halloween and Tour KickoffOctober 31st, 2017
Happy Halloween! I hope everyone has a great time dressing up/partying/giving themselves diabetes on our culture’s most instagrammable holiday. The great thing about mini chocolate bars is that they come with a fraction of the guilt that regular chocolate bars do; even if you eat five times as many.
Tonight we will be eating ourselves into a diabetic coma and tomorrow we will be getting ready to leave for the last leg of the Knocking on the Door tour. We will be on the road for the next three weeks – in the Midwest and Eastern US and then finishing up with a week of dates in Ontario and Quebec City. We’re looking forward to hitting the road one last time before we head into the studio, so we hope to see you at one of the shows. As always, deets are posted on the Live Shows section of the website. First date is Thursday in Detroit.
Now, in honour of the special day, the Arkells official ranking of Halloween candy:
1. Kit Kat
2. Canadian Smarties – better than M&M’s, don’t @ me
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
4. Hershey’s Cookies and Cream
6. Oh, Henry – should be lower, but Mike REALLY likes them
8. Peanut M&M’s
9. Coffee Crisp – you might not get this now, but give it five years.
10. Mars Bar
12. Starburst – should be higher but they’re too damn hard to unwrap.
13. Nerds (and Nerds Rope)
14. Mr. Big
16. Milky Way
17. Rockets (American Smarties)
19. Big Turk